Apply for postal voting
To participate in the postal vote, you need a so-called Wahlschein (absentee ballot).
If you want to apply for your Wahlschein quickly and easily to ensure your participation in the postal vote or if you want to vote at any Heidelberg polling station, you have several application forms available for this purpose.
- Scan the QR code on the election notification with your cell phone, smartphone, or tablet; you will be forwarded directly to the online ballot application form that you have filled out. Advantage: To apply, only the date of birth (and, if applicable, a different mailing address) needs to be entered.
- Online application – here, all personal details such as surname, first name, date of birth, address (different mailing address, if applicable) and the electoral district and voter number (can be found on the election notification) must be entered.
- Fill out and return the application on the back of the election notification.
- By e-mail Wahldienststelle@Heidelberg.de, indicating name, first name, date of birth, address, and alternate mailing address, if applicable.
- By written, otherwise informal request.
Applications for postal votes must be received by the Bürger- und Ordnungsamt, Bürgeramt Mitte, Bergheimer Straße 69, 69115 Heidelberg, by 6 p.m. on Friday, November 4, 2022 at the latest in order to be processed. However, the delivery deadlines to the applicant and the postal route for returning the election letter must also be taken into account.
Applications for postal votes can also only be submitted to the branch offices of the citizens‘ registration offices until Friday, November 4, 2022 during their individual opening hours.
Postal voting documents that have been issued but not received can only be replaced until Saturday, November 5, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. by the Election Service Office, Kurfürsten-Anlage 43, 69115 Heidelberg. In case of proven sudden illness and available power of attorney for the application and collection by third parties, postal voting documents can be applied for until Sunday, November 6, 2022; 3 pm.
Election letters received after 6 p.m. on election day at Bürgeramt Mitte, Bergheimer Straße 69, 69115 Heidelberg, or in the mailbox at City Hall, Marktplatz 10, 69117 Heidelberg (location: Hauptstraße, Höhe Kornmarkt), will not be counted.
Questions about the application process can be answered by the City of Heidelberg’s Election Service Office, Kurfürsten-Anlage 43, 69115 Heidelberg by phone at 06221 5842220 or by e-mail at Wahldienststelle@Heidelberg.de.
Who is eligible to vote?
Everyone can vote who
- has German citizenship or citizenship of another
EU member state and
- is at least 16 years old and
- has been resident in Heidelberg for at least 3 months.
Büro der Landtagsabgeordneten
Bergheimer Str. 147
Landfried, Gebäude C, 4. OG
Montag bis Freitag,
je 9:00 – 15:00 Uhr